Chateau Ste. Michelle Nellie’s Garden Dry Rosé
“ This is a special collaboration of the red and white winemaking teams from
Chateau Ste. Michelle. The Syrah grapes are received and pressed at just
the right color and fl avor at our red facility in eastern Washington. Then
most of the juice is transported to Woodinville in western Washington
where it is cold fermented to retain all the wonderful fruit and fl oral
aromas of the Syrah grape. What a team effort! It shows beautiful fruit
aromas and fl avors of strawberry, raspberry and subtle spice notes. Enjoy
this during your summer parties and fall barbecues. For a change of pace,
try this with some hard cheeses and even turkey!”
Bob Bertheau, Head Winemaker
• Syrah grapes were harvested for a Rosé and picked slightly earlier than other reds for pure, fruit character.
• The fruit was left on the skins for only a matter of hours to allow the grapes
to extract just the right amount of cherry/berry color from the skins, leaving
delicate, bright fruit fl avors and aromas.
• 82% of the juice was fermented in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 18% was sur lie aged in neutral oak barrels for 2 months to add a rich mouthfeel.